What Is a Car Title?
How To Sell A Car Without A Title A vehicle which is totally damaged and is considered to be a total loss, such a vehicle earns a title. Title of the car is the designation and a legal document which certifies the ownership of a vehicle. All the information given on the car title should be completely accurate.
The car title consists of:
This certification for a vehicle is a legal document which verifies the legal owner of that vehicle. It is typically issued by DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles).
- The document contains information about the owner like the owner’s name and address.
- The car’s manufacturing year and when the car was bought
- The model of the car
- When the car was first sold
- It even provides information about the car’s history which is important for any buyer who purchases it
Types of car titles:
- Clean title: A Clean title provides the information that the vehicle has never undergone any accidental damage and neither is it a total loss.
- Clear title: A clear title provides the information that there has not been any financial complaint against the car been sold. If the car owner has a clear title, it means that he is the only owner of the car and no third party disputes can occur with respect to the ownership of the car.
- Reconstructed or Rebuilt title: When a salvage vehicle has been repaired, it receives reconstructed or rebuilt title. Rebuilt title is only given when the state confirms that all the repairing has been satisfactory as per the set standards.
- Salvage title: When a car gets involved into an accident or flood or any other type of disastrous event and if the damages borne by the car are beyond repair, then the car earns the salvage title.
Ways to sell a car without a title
- To sell a car without a title is an offense. If possible, get a new title or replace the old title before you put your car on sale. In many places, a rule of title exemption prevails. Title exemption means that if a car is at least 15 to 25 years old, the car is not given any title.
- Another prime reason for an owner not to have the car title might be because the car title is with the bank. This happens when the bank takes possession of the title if the owner is not able to pay off the car loan.
- If your car never had a title meaning which it had never been registered then when you put your car on sale the new buyer may ask for the original documents of buying the car and might cross tick your ownership of the car.
- In case the title is lost you can simply log in to the lost title option on the DMV website of the state.
Though there are many ways to get a car sold away without a title yet it is advisable to get a car title before selling it.
How To Sell A Car Without A Title For More Info Please Give Us A Call At (973) 321-3003